There is no such thing as the perfect home, but there is a home that is perfect for you.1. A house is probably the largest purchase you will ever make in your life, so make sure you understand the terms of your contract. If you don't understand any of the terms, ask your real estate agent.
2. Before you look: Save your money. You'll need it for a down payment, a home inspection, closing costs, some repairs or upgrades to your new home and monthly mortgage payments.
3. Get prequalified for a loan to learn how much house you can afford.
This keeps you from looking at houses that are out of your price range and also lets sellers know you're serious and can afford their home.
4. Have the house inspected. A professional inspector can uncover problems that you may not find otherwise.
5. Find a professional realtor to assist you in your search/ purchase. They know the best deals, and can negotiate on your behalf.
6. The "Red Shoes" Experience for a Home Buyer
Women will relate to this;
Say, you need a new pair of red shoes. You go to the shoe store. At the first store, you’ll find a great pair of red shoes. You try them on and they fit perfectly. Priced right, too. So do you buy them? Of course not! You’ll go to every other store in the mall trying on red shoes until you are ready to drop from exhaustion. Then you’ll return to the first store and buy those red shoes. Do not shop for a home this way. When you find the perfect home, buy it. Or it might be sold when you return.
7. View Top Choices a Second Time Before Buying That First Home
After touring homes for a few days, you will probably instinctively know which one or two homes you would like to buy. Ask to see them again. You will see them with different eyes and notice elements that were overlooked the first time. At this point, your agent will find out more about the sellers' motivation and to double-check that an offer hasn't come in, making sure these homes are still available to purchase.
Aruba has a large variety of condominiums, freestanding villa’s and townhomes for sale. Please contact me for more information.