Aruba, the island of 90,000 friends you haven’t met yet, is truly an extraordinary experience for travelers, but don’t just take our word. To date in 2009, the island destination and its hotels have received numerous travel awards.
Aruba was recently recognized by TripAdvisor® as a “Top Ten Romantic Destination For Couples.” TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel community, bestowed the honor on Aruba from a recent survey that focused on romantic travel. The survey was conducted amongst more than 1,800 U.S. respondents.
Beyond being a top romantic destination, TripAdvisor® has also named Aruba’s capital, Oranjestad, number ten on the list of “Top 25 Destinations in Latin America/Caribbean” via the 2008 Travelers’ Choice Destinations Awards. Other island recognitions include The Atlanta Journal-Constitution naming Aruba a “Top Ten Destination Wedding Location” and Scuba Diving Magazine’s second place as a top “Wreck Diving Destination” and one of the “Top Twenty Dive Destinations for the Caribbean.”
Additional recent accolades received by Aruba include:
• Bucuti Beach Resort won TripAdvisor®’s 2009 Travelers Choice Award in the “Best Hotel for Romance” category for the fourth consecutive year; Expedia’s “Insider’s Select Award” for the fourth consecutive year; and a “Golden Apple Award” by Apple Vacations the for the eight consecutive year.
• Travel + Leisure named the Radisson Aruba Resort & Casino one of the “Top 500 World’s Best Hotels” in January 2009.
• The Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort & Casino received an AAA Four Diamond Award 2009.
• Sherman’s Travel listed the Occidental Grand Aruba as one of the “Top 10 All-Inclusive Beach Resorts.”
• Marriott Aruba Ocean Club received the Interval International Premier Resort Award for providing outstanding vacation experiences to their members. Additionally, the property’s executives and sales team received the Chairman’s Club Award for their significant contributions to new member enrollments with Interval International. The hotel’s Mandara Spa was named to the Platinum List of Celebrated Living magazine in the “Best Spa” category.
• Aruba’s Airport, Queen Beatrix International was awarded second place in Skytax’ World Airport Awards - Best Airports in the category for Central America and the Caribbean for the second consecutive year.